Children's Cooking Classes
CookeryEatery runs food learning clubs, after school supper clubs, weekend workshops, holiday camps, special events and food fair fun for children of all ages, from preschool to University students. With our encouragement, young CookeryEatery cooks have the opportunity to make, taste and eat a greater variety of seasonally available wholefoods by direct involvement in the kitchen.
Why should the kids have all the fun? We've recently introduced a series of cook-alongs for adults so that the fun isn't limited to our younger cooks. These informal group or private sessions aim to dispel common cooking myths, teach about current food labelling, provide practical ways of shopping and inform participants about how to store and make food which is entirely achievable in our busy lives. In addition, we also run a monthly CookBook Club for foodies and cookbook addicts!
How we work
- You need only turn up – we take care of everything needed for a great time.
- Specialist kitchen tools & equipment used, including our extra comfy ‘utility’ aprons.
- Our hand picked Mentors are all experienced home cooks who adore sharing their knowledge and passion for food with others. They are fully insured, CRB/DBS approved, first aid trained and food safety certified.
- We prepare, cook (and eat!) balanced meals at our camps and school based clubs. Our focus is on wholesome unprocessed savory meals instead of sweet treats, that children get in abundance all the time.
Cooking Class and Party Gallery
- Book now for October half term Camps at Hitchin Boys School and St Christopher's Letchworth. We'll be exploring, tasting, preparing a variety of squashes and root veg, and how to use them equally in main meals and puddings.
It's soon time for pumpkin pie!
- Interested in working with us as Mentor or Assistant? Click here for details.
We run all sorts of clubs and events throughout the year.
What takes your fancy? Please check the calendar below or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details