The Cookeryeatery WORLD
Emma Goulding, the founder or CookeryEatery, has a very clear vision where food is concerned. She has set out to bridge the gap between older and younger generations, reinvigorating life skills with passion and purpose whilst creating lifelong opportunities for learning and development. Ultimately Emma wants to share the fact that cooking can be fun!
First we cook. Then we eat.
WE believe ....
That everyone is capable of cooking. When you take ownership of making good, wholesome food that is savoured and appreciated, you'll be filled with a unique sense of fulfillment and pride.
People don't learn by watching, and making food isn't a spectator sport. Here at CookeryEatery we learn by making food together, Mentors and participants alike. We enjoy the harvest of the land, celebrate all that the seasons bring, and aim to live in the moment, nourishing the body and mind along the way. In a nutshell:
- It's cookery, not chefery - we're focused primarily on home cooks.
- Perfection isn't on our radar - we rate on taste, not architecture.
- Adapting our tastes and food preferences is the route to healthful eating.
- Being in the kitchen doesn't have to be hard work, or a hassle!
- Children should be in the kitchen from very young, to get involved, to watch you as their food role model.
- Food is a global uniter of people, it's preparation & enjoyment has no age limit and should be done by everyone all the time.
We're working towards ...
- Growing interest and enthusiasm for cooking.
- Inspiring people to make informed decisions about their health and well-being by providing the knowledge to allow them to sustain and support themselves - that is, teach them how to cook from scratch.
- Instinctive "can do" attitude to feeding oneself, friends and family.
- Informed decision making - not putting our fate into the hands of manufacturers of processed and convenience foods.
- Improved self awareness of one's own palette - what I like, what I don't like!
- Improved confidence in one's abilities & worth.